Tuesday, December 20, 2016

"Wholesome" Movie: that CAN'T WAIT for WEEKEND




I have a feature at this blog when every Friday I recommend a great film specifically for those on their first date or are Christians and don't want graphic sex, violence, swearing called the "Wholesome Weekend Date Movie". Below is my entire list of "Laura-Lee's Requirements" that ALL the films I recommend must follow.

But before I started that I did just a regular film review of one of my all time favorite films called, "The Trap" with Oliver Reed and Rita Tushingham.

But, alas, (Yes. I say words like "alas" in real life), when I originally reviewed the film, the version on YouTube (although appreciated) was not very good and actually had several crucial minutes in the middle missing. ACK! (Yes. I say words like "ACK!" in real life too)

I have just discovered a BETTER version uploaded on YouTube. It is not only free and available immediately, but includes the part that was missing from the original YouTube upload. 

Oliver Reed portrays a French Canadian trapper who "buys" himself a bride and takes her to his cabin in the beautiful Canadian wilderness. Since I happen to BE a French-Canadian, I knew he was getting his role right, but I didn't initially know just how huge the transformation from his usual self that his performance was. 

Oliver Reed
(NOT in "The Trap")



Oliver Reed &
Rita Tushingham
(in "The Trap")


But, as with all things YouTube, you never know when something will suddenly NOT BE THERE. So I didn't want to risk waiting for the weekend. I'm also cutting this blog post short (which goes against my "long-winded" nature) so you don't waste any more time.

Walk, run or crawl to your keyboard, mouse or touchpad but see this version of "The Trap" right NOW!

Consider this my "WEEKLY random act of kindness" and I'll see you again Friday for my usual "Wholesome Weekend Date Movie"  recommendation.

LINK to "The Trap" (BETTER upload at YouTube)


Sincerely, Laura-Lee

CAUTION: As usual, "Wholesome" does not mean for children. This film has some adult themes that might not be appropriate for younger or sensitive viewers.

LINK "The Trap" MY Original Film Review


LAURA-LEE'S   REQUIREMENTS:   



  • Good Story
  • Appeals to BOTH Men & Women
  • Funny
  • Witty
  • Good acting
  • Plot Twist
  • Evokes "warm fuzzies"
  • Motivates snuggling
  • No Graphic Sex, Violence or Swearing
  • Leaves you with good feelings/thoughts
  • "Jazzed" and anxious to share it
  • Available on the Internet right now for FREE (so you can watch it Immediately)

LINK "The Trap" More Info (Wikipedia website)

LINK "The Trap" More Info (IMDb Website)


Promo Poster


Why are you still here? Go to YouTube NOW to see this film. 


(I give it 9 out of 10 "little Christian Fishies")


No comments:

Post a Comment