Friday, November 4, 2016

[Immediately FREE] Wholesome Weekend Date Movie (Nov. 4, 2016)


This weekend I am back to my more regular format, but what I will do that is still a bit different is recommend two different versions of the same story.

It's called, "Of Mice and Men" and is based on the classic book of the same name written by John Steinbeck.


BOOK COVER

Directly below are the LINKS to the original 1939 version, which in my opinion is the best and also the LINK to the 1992 version, which is also extremely well made. 

"Of Mice and Men" 1939 Version

Burgess Meredith, Lon Chaney Jr.


Burgess Meredith & Lon Chaney Jr.


"Of Mice and Men" 1992 Version

Gary Sinise (Director/Actor), John Malkovich


Gary Sinise & John Malkovich


One of the things I like to encourage people who are dating to do is actually TALK to each other. So after you have seen both versions of this film, it might be interesting to discuss (not argue) about which one each of you liked the best.

Whether it's the book or a film version, this is a classic example of a story that has it ALL. What I like the most about it is it's universal themes: We all need to keep our dreams alive, we need to feel valued, our basic need to be loved unconditionally, friendship, compassion, sacrifice, and on and on.

Also, this story appeals equally to men and women. It's the ultimate  "buddy" film, but women will also find much, much to relate to as well. But it does have a few sad moments so men might have to remember the phrase, 
"I'm not crying. I've just got something in my eye."

However, [to the men] while your girlfriend/spouse is crying you will have the opportunity to do a lot of  'comforting' and demonstrate how 'sensitive' you are.
    So it's all good!


Thanks for stopping in again and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee


LAURA-LEE'S   REQUIREMENTS:
  • Good Story
  • Appeals to BOTH Men & Women
  • Funny
  • Witty
  • Good acting
  • Plot Twist
  • Evokes "warm fuzzies"
  • Motivates snuggling
  • No Graphic Sex, Violence or Swearing
  • Leaves you with good feelings/thoughts
  • "Jazzed" and anxious to share it
  • Available on the Internet right now for FREE (so you can watch it Immediately)



1939 Promo Poster




1992 Promo Poster



Don't forget to check out my YouTube Play Lists and Recommendations. I welcome "Lookie-Loos".

No comments:

Post a Comment