Friday, September 23, 2016

[Immediately FREE] Wholesome Weekend Date Movie (Sept. 23, 2016)

"Have a candy"
"... and a good weekend"

I find it difficult to believe that I have kept up this weekly feature for so long that I've actually begun to forget which films I've previously recommended. It's also become much harder to locate films that meet all my "requirements" (listed below). But this week I bring your attention to an odd but wonderful film called, 
"People Will Talk".

As I've stated before, something being "wholesome" does not mean it is suitable for the entire family to view. This one may have no graphic content but it begins with the predicament of an unwed mother (and other adult themes) so some caution is required for younger viewers.


Cary Grant & Jeanne Crain

And since it also centers around the life of a rather unusual doctor, portrayed by Cary Grant, I am reluctant to suggest it because of my current strong aversion to that particular profession.

But this film is so well-made, well-acted, has such wonderful and witty dialogue, several plot twists and a good deal of charm, humour, and mystery that I decided to put aside my dislike for the medical profession in order to recommend it to you.


Cary Grant gets (post-mortem) laughs
in movie "People Will Talk"

And I do so with the deep hope that someday that profession may redeem itself and return to at least some concern for the patients it is supposed to be helping.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee



P.S.  I've noticed that an error message appears on the YouTube viewing screen rather often lately. A click on the REFRESH button usually fixes it immediately.  
(The "refresh" button looks like the pictures below and is usually located next to the Address or URL bar)
Refresh Button
Refresh Button









LAURA-LEE'S   REQUIREMENTS:

  • Good Story
  • Appeals to BOTH Men & Women
  • Funny
  • Witty
  • Good acting
  • Plot Twist
  • Evokes "warm fuzzies"
  • Motivates snuggling
  • No Graphic Sex, Violence or Swearing
  • Leaves you with good feelings/thoughts
  • Available on the Internet right now for FREE (so you can watch it Immediately)



(See my YouTube channel for more recommendations and Play Lists)



Promo Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment