Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Coming Out of "RED JOHN" Part 2



I expected to discover many comments when I revealed that I knew the identity of Red John in my original post, "THE COMING OUT OF RED JOHN".

 I mean, The Mentalist gets massive ratings , so I KNOW a lot of people are watching the show. And since the concurrent theme of the show is "Who is Red John?" I thought more people would be interested.

But there are probably two strains of thought of why I'm being generally ignored:

1) If I knew who Red John is, why wouldn't I just tell everybody?

2) There is very little chance that I have figured out what millions of other people haven't.


Both are very valid points. I'm nobody special and usually if someone has a "juicy" piece of information, they would 'spill' it.
It's simply that it's driving me crazy that I've figured it out but I can't share it with anyone. You see, the reasons I don't want to blab is:

1) Who Red John is is a brilliant stroke of writing and if I "tattle", the writers will have to come up with something else and this story line is already so great I'd hate it if they couldn't see it through, 

2) I really don't want to ruin it for anyone else. Half the fun of watching the show is NOT being able to figure things out.

I JUST CAN'T do those things.


Mostly though, I wish I knew a way to contact the Writers of the Mentalist (I already know about their Twitter page) but they're ignoring me. I've got some great ideas that could build on their great revelation.

The irony of the whole thing is that if I wrote a letter to "The Mentalist" TV Show and revealed Red John's identity IN the letter, it would get through to the writers. If they knew that I knew, I would definitely have their attention. But it would have to pass over many peoples' desks and through many peoples' hands before it got to the writers and then all those people would all know who Red John is. (and I guarantee that most of the people who work on "The Mentalist" don't even know Red John's true identity). So in order to protect "The Secret", I must remain silent and obscure. And it's killing me that I cannot talk to anyone about this! 

If I can find a way to give a hint that is not hugely obvious, that will reveal Red John to only a few people who are able work it out, then I will. But they've "hidden" the answer in plain sight, so anything I say will mess things up. Actually, I've already said more than I should.

2 comments:

  1. You really should come out of your imaginary world. You are not the first, and will not be the last, to make comments about who Red John is. You are not the only person out of 17 million to come up with an answer. The great thing about TV shows is the writers can change it to keep the viewers watching. If you know how to use google you will find alot of theories and that is what motivates the writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Thanks for the comment. I figured nobody would believe me and there is NO WAY that I can give any kind of hint. Like I said, "it becomes obvious when it is revealed". I have to admit, I don't know all there is to know about the Mentalist and I don't cruise the Forums, etc, but I did look around when I stumbled on the answer, but no one has even mentioned my conclusion. If the writers do not have the same answer as I do, then they SHOULD have! It's my knowledge of philology that allowed me to find it (hint hint), so they are either clever or cheap and I chose "clever". But thanks again for the comment. I LOVE 'em!

      Delete