Friday, February 11, 2022

Great Poetry That Endures Through the Years

 

Poems of Inspiration and HopePoems of Inspiration and Hope by Annie Johnson Flint
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was introduced to Flint in the early 1990s by a talk featuring former missionary who survived a World War 2 Japanese Camp, Darlene Diebler Rose. I immediately fell in love with both the humble, sweet, profound, funny Darlene and Annie, who share all those same character traits. This is a classic book of inspirational poems and I LOVE it. I continue to attempt to plumb the depths of it all these years later and am STILL finding new ways her simple, encouraging, light-filled poems speak to me.
As you know I RARELY give a book a 5-star rating because that means "perfect", but this book is as close to perfect as you will get.
Here's a little hint: Read her poems OUT LOUD. They have a great cadence and they sink even deeper and stick with you better if you do it that way.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee

ANNIE JOHNSON FLINT

No comments:

Post a Comment