Saturday, July 30, 2016

[Immediately FREE] Wholesome Weekend Date Movie (July 30, 2016)




This week before I picked the film to recommend, I was looking over my list of  "requirements" again. I'm not sure if this movie possesses all of them, but since I was watching it yet again,   I thought, "What better reason is there to recommend this film to others than that I, myself watch it repeatedly?" (even if I'm not sure why).

On the surface it seems like it will be just a piece of 1950's Technicolor fluff, but first impressions aren't always accurate.

"All That Heaven Allows" is the story of a middle-aged widow (portrayed by Jane Wyman), with two grown children who lives in a small, conservative American town. She falls in love with her much younger gardener (portrayed by Rock Hudson) who is very different than the type of man her husband was and the type of man she is used to. But they inevitably fall in love and decide to get married which causes the town to go into "gossip-overload"  and they have to weather a lot of opposition.

Jane Wyman

Rock Hudson
examines the tree that "only grows by a house full of love."

This film is interesting and demonstrates the same attributes as the love affair at the heart of it: a tender, playfulness and enduring peacefulness. Not to mention witty dialogue, a great supporting cast (led by the always wonderful Agnes Moorehead) and a perfect 'snapshot' of 1950's small town, middle class, conservative America. 

Town Gossips start their Tongue Wagging
(as Agnes Moorehead looks on)



Simply put, I enjoy this movie and feel good when I watch it.  I hope you do too.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee  (Rahn)




LAURA-LEE's REQUIREMENTS :


  • Good Story
  • Appeals to BOTH Men & Women
  • Funny
  • Witty
  • Good acting
  • Plot Twist
  • Evokes "warm fuzzies"
  • Motivates snuggling
  • No Graphic Sex, Violence or Swearing
  • Leaves you with good feelings/thoughts
  • Available on the Internet right now for FREE (so you can watch it Immediately)



(Visit my YouTube Channel for more Recommendations)






"All That Heaven Allows" Promo Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment