Friday, June 5, 2020

REVIEW: Containment Breach

Containment BreachContainment Breach by Wm.A. Yandell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amazing! A Science Fiction story about creatures run amok and threatening the human race in a new way. It's not at all what I expected. There is no doubt it's a thrill ride at every turn, but for people with a brain. To say it is clever and intelligent is to put it mildly.

There is no graphic sex or profanity but there is violence as the creatures kill humans in a very horrible and distinct manner. But not in a gratuitous or titillating fashion. Yet it certainly ups the stakes when someone is in harm's way.

The best part? This is this imaginative author's first novel. I cannot wait to see what he does next. It is NOT for children or sensitive readers, but if you like a great story that engages your brain and heart, with a tight plot, many surprises, and includes healthy doses of wit and humor in a realistic way, this is your book. Even if you don't usually read this genre, you won't want to miss this story.

Note: The ebook version I read had many, many grammatical errors which slowed down my reading. However, the author is aware of this and has commissioned a professionally edited version.

Hint: Being slowed down was not a bad thing. You will be tempted to fly through the story because it's exciting, but make sure you know what's going on. It's important you understand who all the people are, their roles and abilities, and the environment you're in. The creatures and humans are in a battle of mind and wills and each layer is built on the next.

I don't think there was any part of this story I didn't enjoy, thought superfluous, or didn't glean something from. On almost every page I came across something new and found myself thinking, "Now isn't that clever." I'm glad to recommend this story and confident it will be at the center of many future book group discussions. Perfect for groups and read-alongs because it's sure to inspire debate and admiration for generations to come. In fact, this is the first time I've had the desire to zoom into the future and see its impact. It's sure to become a cult classic and someday maybe just a classic and you can tell people you were one of the first readers ... and that Laura-Lee told you about it. (You can thank me later. I am partial to gift baskets. 😉)

Thank you for taking the time to read another one of my reviews.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment