Friday, January 13, 2017

[Immediately FREE] Wholesome Weekend Date Movie (Jan. 13,, 2017)


As they used to say on Monty Python, "and now for something completely different ..."


Last week I recommended a tense, psychological thriller ["Failsafe"]. This week I probably couldn't recommend a film that's more different than 1968's, "With Six You Get Eggroll", starring Doris Day and Brian Keith. 


Doris Day Having
a Bad Hair Day

I watched it a few weeks ago for the first time with the eyes of an adult and definitely got more out of it. I left several good comments at it's YouTube webpage, but a lot of people felt I hadn't raved enough about it. (
I had NO idea that so many people had such strong opinions and deep enthusiasm for this film). 

Doris Day Having a
Shopping Day

It's the story of a lovely lady, bringing up three very lonely boys. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother. The oldest one, no pose. 
Til the one day when the lady met a 'fella' and they knew it was much more than a hunch, that this group must somehow form a family. That's the way they all became the Iverson bunch.

The Iverson bunch.
The Iverson bunch.
That's the way they became the Iverson bunch.

So I'm giving in to peer pressure, heeding your opinions and recommending this film for my weekly feature, due mostly to what other people think of it. 

It IS a charming, sweet and [sometimes] silly romantic comedy that basically fills all of  "Laura-Lee's Requirements". So I don't feel too guilty for caving in. 

It's definitely a feel-good film. And I DO hope you feel good as you enjoy this film, your weekend and snuggling up to that someone special (or to someone who may become your "someone special").

You, the people, have spoken. 

Doris Day Having a Romantic Night
with Brian Keith

Sincerely, Laura-Lee


P.S.  I still think the film, "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball is the same type of film but far superior to this one, And when I find a good quality upload of it, I will be letting you know.


LAURA-LEE'S   REQUIREMENTS:   

  • Good Story
  • Appeals to BOTH Men & Women
  • Funny
  • Witty
  • Good acting
  • Plot Twist
  • Evokes "warm fuzzies"
  • Motivates snuggling
  • No Graphic Sex, Violence or Swearing
  • Leaves you with good feelings/thoughts
  • "Jazzed" and anxious to share it
  • Available on the Internet right now for FREE (so you can watch it Immediately)




With Six You Get Eggroll
Promo Poster



(Remember. I welcome "Lookie-Loos" at my YouTube channel to see my other Playlists and Recommendations)




Here is the wonderful "something extra" for those who have scrolled right to the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment