Thursday, May 28, 2015

"Hobson'ts Choice" Film Review




I've been known to 'blah, blah, blah" a lot when it comes to film reviews, but all I'm going to say about "Hobson's Choice" is:

YOU MUST SEE THIS FILM!!! You must.

The 1954 version. One of Director David Lean's very first movies. With fantastic performances by    every   -  single    -   person    involved  (and all the married ones too - OLD JOKE).  But this film belongs to  John Mills and Brenda de Banzie. This is a tiny film but a HUGE master piece. 

It's only the second time in my life that I've come across a film that I would rate a 10 out of 10. That I wouldn't change in any way. It's for EVERYONE. Don't waste another moment reading this review or doing anything else. Go and find yourself a way of seeing this film and watch it.

I've seen it literally hundreds of times just in the past year and I NEVER get tired of it. (the true test of a Masterpiece)

Why are you still reading THIS , when you could be watching "Hobson's Choice"?!

However, if you wish to buy a copy right now you might have to buy used or pay a lot. I mean, A LOT. Some copies are going for near to $100, because everyone else is figuring out what a great film it is too and wants a copy of their own. 
But I figured out what a great film it was first and recorded it with my old, clunky DVD player. And there is NO WAY I'm parting with MY copy! (You snooze, you lose people.) But I at least hope you get to watch it once. Then you can see it in your memory over and over again  - for free. 

But take this one piece of advice very seriously:  the first time you watch "Hobson's Choice"  make sure you are in a position to not be disturbed. Get the full effect. Let it wrap you up and make you feel really wonderful. It's what this movie sets out to do and will accomplish if you don't let anything get in the way of that. Are you still here? Go. Go on! Go see this film!


 NOW!




~ by Laura-Lee (Rahn)
Actually ... why am I still here when I could be watching this film again? Seriously. I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment